Teaching English with the Ultimate Journey Vietnam – 14 Days
Do you want to travel and work within the heart of a community?
Don’t let Vietnam’s relaxed attitude to life fool you; there’s so much here to see, visit, and experience! If the floating markets, bustling streets and emerald paddy fields aren’t enough, you’ll also experience the famous Vietnamese hospitality as you get involved with playing games, singing songs and planning arts projects in one of a number of local community development centers Teaching English for Children. You’ll play a valuable role in the overall development of the children and your efforts will last long after the sun tan fades! If you enjoy a challenge, this voluntourism project for community development is the perfect way to discover why Vietnam is becoming one of the hottest destinations in Asia, and have lots of fun while you do it.
- Help and improve English skills for local staff and children
- Experiencing living in this bustling, vibrant city – a lifetime of memories!
- Exploring the city’s markets – a truly Vietnamese experience
- Discovering beautiful hidden charm across of country
- Staying in a family run hotel and experiencing real Vietnamese hospitality
||Up to eight weeks
|Location of project:
||Various locations across Hanoi & HCMC
||Noi Bai & Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Airport Code HAN – SGN),
||Flexible; usually Monday to Friday, up to 8 hours a day; all other time is free.
As a volunteer, you will be involved in various activities within the school. You may be asked to assist in teaching English to the primary school children, helping them develop methods of communication and improving their speech. You may also be involved in teaching and working alongside local teachers to provide more opportunities for the children to develop their English. If you wish, you will also be able to join in games and activities with the children .
|How to get to the project:
||Depending on location; 30 minutes -1 hour taxi ride (please budget approximately US$80 per week)
||Minimum age 18
||Shared room in hotel/guesthouse
||Visa on arrival guarantee letter
||Meals not included, you will need to purchase your own food (budget approx $70
per week for local food)
||Included on arrival date and departure date
||Pre-departure helpdesk, local in-country team and 24hr emergency support
What’s not included:
- International flights and departure taxes
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Local transport and food (during project work)
- Vietnam visa stamp fee (US$ 20 – 45 and one passport photo each person)
- Other services not mentioned above